17 July 2009

HI - INTRODUCING KRISTEN

Hi! I will introduce myself first so you know a little about me. My name is Kristen Pinnington and I'm studying a Bachelor of Learning Management Early Childhood in Mackay. I am mother of two wonderful boys aged 4 and 5 years. One is attending kindergarten and the other prep. I have never set up a blog before and therefore I have many mixed feelings: excitement, anxious, worry, can’t wait to get started, then anxious again. But I am looking forward to the exciting journey I will take in learning 21st century technology and applying this to a classroom and seeing my final product – the blog. The technology I grew up with was a bit different from today’s technology, I’m 27 so it was the 80’s when I was born and it was rare to see a computer in a home in my early years of childhood. However, I grew up with an Apple computer and spent a lot of my time playing education games. This was one of the major ways I learned, as mum would say my answer was incorrect and I would argue with her, saying I was right. The computer would say, no, the answer was wrong, and I would have to believe it: you can’t argue with a computer. As well as playing on the computer, I would also play outside with my brother and sisters. When I was in grade 4 it was the 1990s, “….. the decade in which the world got a whole lot smaller thanks to a slew of technological innovations that changed the way people interacted with each other on an international scale” (Whatever! It’s all good, 2009). I can remember in grade 5 being introduced to computers at school but this involved only a 1- hour slot once a week and sometimes we had to share a computer. In high school I can remember still using a typewriter. Computers are incredibly easy compared to typewriters – you can add and paste; interest pictures, charts, tables and many more effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment